Create the Dashboard Widget
You could create a widget from your telemetry. Your widget then will be displayed on the Dashboard menu.
To make it:
1. Click the box icon next to your telemetry name—multiple telemetries can be chosen for one widget.
2. Click Select Action, then click on Create Dashboard Widget.
3. Give a name and description for your widget. You could select the dashboard—if you already have one.
4. If your dashboard list is still empty, enter a name in the Dashboard dropdown menu, and your new dashboard will be added automatically.
5. Select the widget on Widget Type dropdown menu.
*Note: Each Widget Type has a unique display, and each type has its own best use—depending on how much input and data you choose.
6. Then set your widget’s width and height.
7. Your selected telemetries are displayed on the Data Source with their units. You can still edit the units by selecting them from the Unit dropdown and editing the Label.
8. Click Add Widget when done.
Group the Telemetries
You could also form a group from multiple telemetries. This action would be useful if you had several telemetries placed in the same location to read the same data, which is known as redundancy. More specifically, this method usually applied on several sensors, so this method called as sensor redundancy.
To create it:
1. Click on several boxes before your selected telemetry. Then click on Group Telemetries.
2. Give a name for your group. You could also give a new name for your telemetry in the Type dropdown menu, then select it.
3. If you want to see your telemetry on the Device Status Panel, select “device_status” from the Type dropdown menu.
*Note: Remember, you can’t edit the Telemetry Key.
4. Set your desired unit, then click Add Telemetry when done.
Edit the Group
Because the purpose of redundancy is to reduce the possibility of transmission errors, an accurate value from multiple telemetries is required. There may be an issue if one of the telemetries has a significantly different value than the others.
This feature allows you to select which telemetry will be the primary telemetry. A line chart for your grouped telemetry was also included on this page.
To do so:
1. Click Edit Telemetry and select your telemetry. You have the option to change the name, type, and unit of your telemetry.
2. The dot on the Default Telemetry indicated which telemetry act as the main telemetry. Click on other telemetry if you want to change the main telemetry.
3. Then click Update Telemetry when done.